Thursday, August 6, 2015

What can we still eat?


Starting any new diet can be a disaster, getting your kid to agree to change her eating habits... I don't think there are words for that.

I have to say, after explaining to Melanee what the benefits could be she is getting a little more on board by the day. At our first big grocery trip to Kroger, we really just walked around the store to open our eyes to all of our options. I was pleasantly surprised that a lot of the foods we already eat are gluten free: veggies, fruits and meats of course, but also Hebrew national hot dogs, Prego pasta sauce, pudding snacks, fruit snacks etc. This will make the transition, especially for school lunches,  not so unbearable.

I was leaving to eat out with a friend last night, so I was a bit worried leaving instructions for my husband on how to cook gluten free meals. He isn't as excited.
However, I had a WIN for the evening as we discovered the as Melanee puts it, "Best Gluten Free Find!"

Melanee's favorite gluten free find!!

Everyone in the house ate it and I hear it tasted really good!! Score!! Obviously we can't eat pizza every night, but it's nice to know that some of the kiddos favorite foods still have a gluten free option!!

No comments:

Post a Comment